Windshield Glass Coating
Windshield Glass Coating – “nanocoating
Windshield Glass Coating is the world’s best hydrophobic glass coating. It sometimes gets the trendy prefix “nano”, noting the unusually long life and effectiveness of Ombrello’s “nano windshield coatings”.
In the world this compound is known under different names. In Europe – Ombrello, in the USA – Aquapel, and in Japan – Aquamatic. Windshield Glass Coating is produced in Germany by Autoserv. The manufacturer’s website is www.ombrello.de (in German).
Why do you need Glass Coating:
- Improve visibility in rain and snow, especially at night! Water collects in round drops which easily roll off the glass when exposed to air flow;
- Any kind of dirt (including insects and bird droppings), is much easier to wipe off the glass. Sometimes you just have to wipe it with your windshield wipers, though you had to wipe it by hand before;
- In winter, ice is easily removed from the glass, and there is no need to wait for it to thaw;
- Increased service life of wiper blades by reducing friction with the glass and using them less frequently;
- Use on boats and yachts as well as at home. Glasses treated with any Anti Fog Spray for Windshield improve visibility and also become less dirty, dirt does not “stick” to them.
Windshield Glass Coating and safety
Using Ombrello glass treatment provides better visibility in bad weather conditions and increases driving safety. Research from the University of Michigan (“The Influence of Hydrophobic Windshield Coating on Driver Performance”) shows that hydrophobic Anti Fog Spray for Windshield increases visibility by 34% over untreated windshields in rain. As a consequence, the driver’s reaction time to a small obstacle is increased by 25%, from 4 seconds to 3 seconds. One second of delay corresponds to 17 meters at 60 km/h.
Ease of use:
- Life span of 6 months to 1 year
- Can be applied by yourself in 15 minutes
- You can use any windshield washer and wash your car as usual without worrying about wiping the Anti Fog Spray layer
Ombrello Windshield Glass Coating, comparison with Competitors
Ombrello’s main competitor, which has worldwide recognition, is the silicone-based Rain-X. Ombrello’s hydrophobic coating (Anti Fog Spray for Windshield) consists of fluoropolymer which creates a chemical bond with the glass surface. Such technology is used in aviation as well: it reduces wettability of glass surface and water collects in spherical drops that are easily rolled off the glass under the influence of air flow. Unlike silicone based products, Ombrello auto rain retains its properties from 6 months to 1 year or 20000 km of run, depending on conditions of operation.
Autoserv is an OEM supplier to BMW, AUDI, WV, which sell Ombrello through dealers under their brand names. In addition Ombrello is supplied by leading suppliers of automotive windows: PPG (USA), Sekurit (Europe) and Asahi Glass Company (Japan).
Ombrello Anti Fog Spray for Windshield. How to Use Ombrello Windshield Glass Coating?
One applicator contains for the treatment of one windshield and two side windows with mirrors, about 2 sq.m. of the surface. The applicator is disposable.
Apply at a temperature of 10 to 30 degrees in dry weather.
Step 1 – Cleaning. Clean and dry the glass thoroughly. If silicone or wax based products have been applied to the glass, degrease the glass.
Step 2 – Application. Holding the applicator by the “wings”, lower it onto the windshield, cushion down. Squeeze the “wings” to crush the inner capsule, you will hear a crackle and the contents will wet the pad. Continue applying right away!
Work the entire surface of the glass to be treated, first in an up and down motion and then right and left. Avoid painted surfaces. Remove liquid from non-glass surfaces with a paper towel or cloth.